We are a biomedical company specialized in medical nutrition, founded in 2007 in Barcelona (Spain), dedicated to research, development, innovation, manufacturing, marketing and licensing of new nutraceutical products, functional foods, active ingredients and other tailor-made solutions.
Our medical nutrition products are indicated for the dietary management of chronic pathologies, physiological and/or metabolic dysfunctions, mainly associated with the metabolic disorder caused by Diamine Oxidase (DAO) deficiency.
We also manufacture Diamine Oxidase (DAO) enzyme for third parties, both of animal and plant origin, as well as for human and animal use, offering tailor-made solutions for the pharmaceutical, food, veterinary and health industries.
Since May 2021, we are part of AB Biotek Human Nutrition and Health, members of ABF Ingredients, a group of dynamic, high-value ingredients producers with a wide range of food, nutrition, pharmaceutical and other industrial applications for customers around the world.
ABF Ingredients (ABFI) is an Associated British Foods plc division, which comprises a global community of ingredients companies operating under their own identities.
The company develops, manufactures and markets high-value ingredients for the food, nutrition, animal feed, pharmaceutical and industrial sectors.
Three research areas
- Molecular biology field of research, particularly histamine, at physiological level.
- Biomedical research on metabolic pathologies.
- Applied clinical research, with studies on DAO (Diamine Oxidase) deficiency, its causes, dietary management and evolution.
Committed to patients and health professionals
Our innovative products in the area of medical nutrition help healthcare professionals to provide the best service to their patients.
In this sense, our Advisory Board, in which researchers, universities and the Official College of Doctors of Barcelona participate, contributes to the strategic planning of our products and services, improving the overall quality and satisfaction of doctors and patients.
Clear orientation towards the dietary management of undertreated chronic conditions
- Migraine and other vascular headaches.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Irritable bowel syndrome, cyclic vomiting syndrome and other gastrointestinal disorders.
- Atopy, dry skin, psoriasis and other dermatological disorders.
- Fibromyalgia and other musculoskeletal and neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Chronic fatigue.
- The effects of acute alcohol intake.