You can download the supplement in pdf clicking in the image below or through here. (LANGUAGE: SPANISH)
el farmacéutico.es publishes its supplement nº 585 entitled “Migraine and DAO deficiency (Diamine Oxidase)”.
In this publication the scientific and clinical bases of migraine caused by DAO deficiency are exposed and the diagnostic methods and forms of migraine management caused by this metabolic alteration are shown. Products that can be found in pharmacies for the management and diagnosis of migraine caused by DAO deficiency are also shown.
The supplement has been prepared by the PhD. Medical Writer Antoni X. Torres-Collado and Eva Morán-Salvador, edited by MAYO editions and published on March 2 – 2020.
Contents of supplement nº585 “Migraine and DAO deficiency (Diamine Oxidase)”:
- What is migraine?
2. Symptomatology and diagnosis
3. Management and treatment of migraine
- What happens in migraine?
1. Phases of the migraine crisis
2. Phystopathological mechanisms
3. What is histamine?
- What is Diamino Oxidase?
- DAO and migraine deficit
1. pregnancy and migraine
2. associated symptoms (migraine comorbidity)
4. Management of Migraine due to DAO deficiency
- How to manage migraine due to DAO deficiency from the pharmacy?
1. DAO supplementation in the patient with migraine: food for special medical uses