R+D+i: We investigate, develop and innovate
The value of DR Healthcare is the research. Our constant innovation process includes research at a basic, clinical and applied level, offering finally international marketing licenses for our products.
Our main objective is to provide society with innovative nutraceuticals, functional foods, active ingredients and customized solutions that contribute to improve the health and well-being, especially for those people who suffer from DAO deficiency.
Commitment with excellence and innovation
The commitment of our scientists with excellence and innovation is essential to the discovery and development of new nutraceuticals and functional foods that are safe and effective for dietary management of diseases and physiological disorders.
We focus our therapeutic orientation in:
- migraine and other vascular headaches
- fibromyalgia, generalized muscle pain
- gastrointestinal disorders, dysbiosis, irritable bowel syndrome, cyclic vomiting syndrome
- dermatological disorders, atopic skin, dry skin, psoriasis
- attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
All of them arising from the DAO deficiency.
R&D centers of DR Healthcare
DR Healthcare firmly believes in the alliance “Company-University” and from the beginning we have worked under this model of cooperation. Currently we collaborate with 2 Research and development centers:
Campus of Food and Nutrition Torribera at the University of Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain)
DR Healthcare researchers develop their scientific activity in the Nutrition, Food Sciences and Gastronomy Department. Its research activity is focused especially in the study of histamine and other biogenic amines in foods, Diamino Oxidase enzyme activity of different origins, methods of analysis of DAO activity and studies on microorganisms with the diamine oxidase activity.
Sescelades Research campus of the University Rovira i Virgili (Tarragona, Spain)
- Products of clinical diagnosis of the activity of the intestinal enzyme diamine oxidase.
- Diamine Oxidase enzyme production of animal, plant and biotechnology origins.
- Nutraceuticals and functional foods for dietary management of symptoms and chronic pathologies associated with the DAO deficiency.
DR Healthcare subscribe agreements with universities and scientific societies
DR Healthcare scientists play a key role in all phases of the research and development process, from the start of a new program of research to the sanitary registration of a new nutraceutical product.